Monday, May 3, 2010


James and I watched this incredible movie the other evening. This won the best foreign film award this year. We had just watched Julie and Julia, and Welcome, both really well done movies, but Departures just blew me away.
I have Crazy Heart at home to watch, but not sure that it will come close to this one.
It was done with the most incredible music, photography. I won't give anything away, but this movie showed what love and respect mean to the Japanese people....
This one is worth your time!!!!!!!!!!! And if you don't like it, well, then I am really sorry.

2 comments:

fabricpixie said...

Oh my, this was one of the best movies! I am SO glad that you recommended it.

I'm not recommending it to all my friends, the staff at the library and anyone who asks 'have you seen a good movie lately?'

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

fabricpixie said...

oops I AM wholeheartedly recommending it!

Have no idea why I type 'not' in my previous post!

Oh, I see why, I meant to say 'now recommending it' .. complete typo, fingers flying too fast over the keyboard.