Friday, May 15, 2020

More Movie Titles

Here are some more movie titles that we have watched.  Once again in no particular order -- I am going to add some comments.....

The Boyfriend        A New Leaf      The Misfits 👎👎👎


What Women Want      Wind    The Night of the Iguana


Music Teacher 👍👍👍👍👍 (If you love opera and great music)

Cookie's Fortune


The New Leaf is my husband's ALL time favorite, he is not much of a belly laugher, but this one always gets him, maybe it's the 275 GTB Ferrari (I sure love that model), maybe it is just the great timing between Elaine May and Walter Matthau, but whatever it is, it always gets laughs from him.

I know that at the time The Misfits was considered pretty good, in today's movie industry it would have a hard time being made for several reasons.   First reason is the animal cruelty, IF you are a horse lover, this is NOT for you!  Also mention of killing of eagles.....   Then there are the sexual overtones towards Marilyn Monroe's character --- I kept thinking "Harvey Weinstein".......  I believe it was the last movie that Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe both made, I do remember that it came out when we were in North Africa, don't know if I saw it then or not.  Won't watch it again for sure.

My husband does not remember The Music Teacher,  but I know just about every scene by heart.  Stars Jose Van Dam, fantastic opera singer, and the music is incredible - in French with subtitles, but don't let that stop you!  

Wind is for every sailor out there ----- based on the America's cup race at Fremantle, but not an accurate account of that race...  Anyway, if you enjoy sailing and haven't seen it, the racing scenes will take your breath away.   Someone gave it to us years ago, we never watched it, we don't know why, but it was worth the wait, while we sit out the Covid crisis....  Since my husband is the helmsman on the Mei Li he really ENJOYED this one.

Tonight I get to pick and the movie will be...........

No comments: