Monday, November 1, 2010

"Well Done Abba" a movie


"Well Done Abba"
Naturally, if you see "ABBA", you might think the singing group...... Just forget that.
This came through the circ desk, saw the cover and just had to check it out.
James and I watched this the other evening, and I decided that I need to purchase this one.
Armaan Ali, a driver works for a young Senior Executive in Mumbai, is trying to save his job. His boss has just fired him, because Armaan took more time off then he was allowed - 3 months!
Armaan gets in the car and proceeds to explain to his boss exactly what had happened. Armaan has gone back to his village to find a match for his unmarried daughter, who is in the care of his twin brother and wife. His village suffers from a lack of water, and Armaan decides to obtain a government permit to dig a well. What happens can only leave one laughing, and wondering if this is how things really work in his country.
James and I really enjoyed this one. It is in Arabic with subtitles, but well worth it.
Give it a shot.

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks for visiting my Words from a Wordsmith blog.

http://wordsfromawordsmith.blogspot.com/2010/10/write-it-right-plural-words.html

You may find more to interest you at Bonnie's Books, my first and primary blog, where I look at books and ideas. That "Write It Right" column you found on my Words from a Wordsmith blog was first posted here:

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/search/label/write%20it%20right

I see that you like cats, so you may also like Bonnie's Books because my cat talks about cats on Caturdays (like today).