Monday, June 9, 2008

podcast success maybe

Unfortunately, I was never able to listen to a library podcast, and not for the lack of trying. One only has so much time one can devote to these projects. So, I started surfing around, and finally decided to try to listen to music, particularly jazz programs from NPR. Success occurred on the first time, then when I tried to RSS a second and third it looked as if I was doomed to yet another failure, however, when I came in the next day and went into my RSS, well by jiggers, there they were.
So I ended up with three jazz podcasts - I am particularly happy as I was able to get Piano Jazz with Mary McPartland!

As for a tool for Sno-Isle, I could see that it might appeal to some patrons, but since so many people walk around with I-pods, maybe they wouldn't be interested in the service. However, if there were language classes offered they might be heavily used.

This was my first experience with podcasts. Last Saturday morning, as we were doing our pre-opening chores, I put on a podcast on Count Basie, so the staff was entertained (maybe, maybe not) for 50 minutes with music, interviews and facts about Count Basie. I didn't use headset, as I needed to be moving around the building.

No comments: