Tuesday, June 10, 2008

search engines

Gads, sometimes I wonder what gremlin is sitting inside this terminal. I just finished writing my new post on search engines and poof away it went, and not into my blog!

So, in my task of working on search engines......
I use Google frequently, as I change the screensavers about every 2 weeks on all the staff terminals - so I enjoy using images from Google.

I worked with all the search engines that we had listed on this week's 2.0. As for the various engines, after Google, and Yahoo, I enjoyed Ask the best. UC Berkeley's comparison was interesting to view, and try the different steps. Rollyo, Mamma and Dogpile seemed a bit sophomoric to me, but won't dismiss them completely.

Probably is was on Ask, but I cannot remember, I searched for my friends' address in Hilo, Hawaii, and zoomed down from the overhead satellite to view their house.

No comments: