Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bridge of Spies - Steven Spielberg film



Bridge of Spies, - a Steven Spielberg film, starring Tom Hanks.

This film was of interest to me, as a child I lived on Wheelus AFB, Tripoli, Libya, and the U-2 flew in and out of the base. Gary Powers was shot down over Russia while we lived there, his story was widely discussed on base.  There was a particular hangar that was used for only "one" plane, and that was probably the U-2.  

We watched this film - it was very thoughtfully done, good editing and as far as I can tell very faithful to the story of Abel and Powers, I do not recall Pryor, however, I am sure that as a 12 year that might have slipped my mind.

Well worth watching, and really should be a winner, however, we all know what "violent" film will win this year.

No comments: