Friday, June 1, 2018

The Post, a movie




We watched this one last night. Brought back many memories of the anti-war protests in our country, and how women were treated at the time, which we still observe even now by some men.

Very interesting how time will change one's perspective - I believe at the time, I wasn't as concerned about Freedom of the Press, as I am now, and what is MORE amazing is that I worked at the St. Petersburg Times and Evening Independent at that time.

In retrospect, it was a turning point in our country's direction, which currently seems to be going in the opposite direction, NO FREEDOM of the PRESS!

I particularly enjoyed the scenes with the hot press machines, as when I worked at the Times, hot press was just beginning to be replaced by cold press (paste-up).  I learned how to read upside down and backwards when I would be in the hot press area.

If you haven't seen it, it is one to consider for historical purposes.

No comments: