Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Watermark Book Co., Anacortes, WA

When Stanwood, Washington's only indie
bookstore, The SnowGoose, closed several years ago, I was forced to make a major decision, one which was NOT to use Amazon!, but to find another independently owned bookstore close by.

Wonder of wonders, the former owner of the SnowGoose suggested the Watermark in Anacortes, WA.  Thankfully, I heeded Kristine's suggestion, and have never even considered another bookstore!

I live on Camano Island, so getting to Anacortes is not an every day drive, however, once I established an account with the Watermark, it is as easy as picking up the phone and placing my order(s).  Generally, if the book(s) is/are on the shelf, and, if the next day is not a Sunday or holiday, my books arrive in the mail!  What service could be better than that?

Recently, I needed to purchase a copy of the Wizard of Oz as a birthday gift, I called and spoke with the young woman who shall remain nameless as I do not have her permission to name her at this time.  I had a library copy with a particular illustrator, but this edition was no longer available.  I asked the young woman to pick one and surprise me.  Whoa, what a remarkable edition I received -  illustrated by Charles Santore
What an absolute delight!
Thanks Watermark Book Company for great customer service and helpful employees!

No comments: