Monday, June 14, 2010

Ladies in Lavender

Some Monday mornings, when I am ironing, I enjoy watching movies (right now I am watching the World Cup matches).
Ladies in Lavender is one of my many favorites to watch - probably because of the wonderful actresses in the film, Maggie Smith and Judi Dench. If you haven't seen this one, you really should consider giving it a try.
Pre-World War II, small English village, young man washes up on the beach in front of the sisters' home. He speaks no English, but can play a "mean" classical violin. Urusla is quite taken with the young man, Janet tries to keep things on a even keel. Andrea is taken away by a bohemian artist who has a very famous musician brother.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

fabricpixie said...

Hi, I don't think I've ever heard of this movie, even tho it has big name actresses.

As a matter of fact, you are educating me on lots of movies I haven't heard of b4.

I'll see if I can get them at the library.

thanks

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA