Thursday, June 10, 2010

"What you say?"


Those of you who know me really well, will probably be scratching your heads to see a Dan Brown title on my blog, so here is the story.....
Driving home one evening, listening to NPR, as usual, Dan Brown was being interviewed concerning this book. Well, when he mentioned The Masons, he really got my attention - Daddy was a 32nd Degree, Mother was Eastern Star, and when they were doing their genealogy, Daddy discovered that I was a direct descendant of the first Freemason in the Colony of Connecticut on my Mother's side - so I decided that I needed to read this.
A library patron put a brand new copy in our Friends' of the Library Book Sale, so I bought it. Such a deal, brand new and only cost me $2!
As a child, we had lived in Dover, Delaware, and many times traveled to Washington DC, on one occasion we visited the Masonic Temple that Dan Brown discusses in the book. I have always had a "passion" for the "mystic" (that in itself is another story).
This story was very well researched, I really enjoyed his writing, at one point in the story, I thought "wait a minute, what has he done?", obviously, the person who had put it in the book sale thought the same thing, as his/her bookmark was left at the moment of "WHAT?" I really wonder if they didn't finish the book......., if so unless they see the movie they will never know what really happened.
Surprisingly, I did enjoy the book, don't plan on reading the previous ones, however - guess I have checked them out and returned them for too many patrons.
Give it a try, if you haven't already!

2 comments:

readingpam said...

Great review. I will consider reading this book although I had decided not to do so.

fabricpixie said...

I listened to this book on CD and enjoyed it except for the near end... it kinda dragged on the last couple of chapters or at least tracs on the CD.

but I would still recommend it.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA